Monday, September 21, 2009

Phooey Pumpkins

I have four pots on my back patio bought especially for this amazing pumpkin project I decided to build this year for fall.  My project was going to be a canopy of tiny Baby Boo pumpkins growing out of those four pots at the four corners of my space.  

The vines would grow and stretch up posts and across my lattice to completely cover my patio in a bewitching mixture of green and orange.  I was going to throw in some little twinkle lights and shazam- a pumpkin arbor!  Well, little did I know, God had other plans for me and my pots.  I ended up getting ill with a stomach issue, which left me unable to tend to my pumpkin pots.  Although they were watered sufficiently, all but one or two of the vines suffered some ailment or another....

Needless to say, my pumpkin arbor will have to wait for next year.  Perhaps I will start earlier with my seeds.  Use more compost. Soak the seeds in germinator mix before setting them in soil.  Or, maybe I will just throw my leftover seeds out into the yard by the compost bin and see what God can come up with.  My idea didn't work at all!

I will however, leave my kinda sad looking pots out on the patio until winter finally arrives.  Why?  Because the struggling vines remind me that no matter what ideas we come up with, God always has other plans for us...They also remind me that life is not always pretty.   We are blessed with flowers - they make us strive to work harder for that reward.  On the flip side, life is full of weeds, pests, and foiled ideas or goals.  

For me, there is always another day.  Always, another spring.  Always another packet of seeds full of ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment